The Blog Formerly Known As Practical Paralegalism
The latest episode of The Paralegal Voice, “How Professional Association Membership Will Advance Your Paralegal Career”, co-hosted by Lynne DeVenny and Vicki Voisin , is now available at Legal Talk Network.
Patricia E. Infanti, PP, PLS, President of NALS, the Association for Legal Professionals, and Kathleen R. Amirante, PP, PLS, the association’s President Elect, are the featured guests. They join Vicki and Lynne to discuss the opportunities provided by membership in a professional association.
In this episode:
- The history and mission of NALS
- What NALS is doing to attract a diverse membership
- How NALS is educating attorneys regarding qualifications for using the title ‘paralegal’
- Continuing education programs offered by NALS
- The new NALS Docket and Think Big Program
- The goal of NALS new ‘Future Leaders Development’ committee
- How association membership impacts a paralegal’s career
- Practice and social media tips from Vicki and Lynne
Page URL: http://legaltalknetwork.com/podcasts/paralegal-voice/2010/04/how-professional-association-membership-will-advance-your-paralegal-career/MP3Link: http://websrvr82il.audiovideoweb.com/ny60web16519/LTN/PLV/PLV_041510_ProfAssoc.mp3 Internet resources included in the podcast:
- NALS, http://www.nals.org/
- Act of Communication (trial consulting), http://www.actofcommunication.com/
- Google to Index Your Embarrassing Twitter Trail, http://ow.ly/1yuUE
- The Royal Shakespear Company Performs Romeo & Juliet via Twitter, http://mashable.com/2010/04/12/rj-twitter/
- Twitter Streams: Patti Infanti ( @PattiPP), Kathie Amirante (@KathiePLS), Vicki Voisin (@VickiVoisin), Lynne DeVenny (@ExpertParalegal)
The Paralegal Voice also thanks its sponsors: Teris, Westlaw Deposition Services, and the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA). If you enjoyed The Paralegal Voice, please share the link to the podcast with your friends and colleagues.
Do you have a request for a future show topic or a question for us? Send those to TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com.