The Blog Formerly Known As Practical Paralegalism
The third episode of Legal Talk Network’s monthly podcast, The Paralegal Voice, “E-Discovery Trends in the Paralegal World”, co-hosted by “The Paralegal Mentor” Vicki Voisin and me, is now available. This episode, featuring Tom Mighell, legal technology expert and a consultant at Fios, and paralegal Dorothe Howell, a paralegal with extensive experience in gathering electronic data, as the expert guests, explores everything from the basics of e-discovery to what it takes to train for a career in this growing legal specialty area.
In this episode:
■ The basics of e-discovery
■ New trends & technology in e-discovery
■ In-house vs. outside counsel roles
■ Training for a career in e-discovery
■ Tom & Dorothe’s favorite e-discovery resources
■ Practice & social media tips from Vicki & Lynne
In addition, here are several essential Internet resources about e-discovery, including those mentioned in this podcast, that you may find useful:
- Electronic Discovery Law, a blog by K&L Gates, http://www.ediscoverylaw.com/
- Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) http://edrm.net/
- E-Discovery Team, http://ralphlosey.wordpress.com/
- Fios E-Discovery Knowledge Center http://www.fiosinc.com/e-discovery-knowledge-center/default.aspx
- Kroll OnTrack Resources http://www.krollontrack.com/resources/
- Practical Ediscovery, a blog by Hinshaw & Culbertson, LLP, http://blog.hinshawlaw.com/practicalediscovery/
The Paralegal Voice also thanks its sponsors: Teris, Clio, NALA, West LiveNote and George Washington University’s Online Master’s Program in Paralegal Studies (see links at right sidebar).
If you like The Paralegal Voice, we’d appreciate it very much if you will share the link (http://legaltalknetwork.com/about/our-programs/the-paralegal-voice/) with your friends and colleagues. If you have a request for a future show topic or a question for the hosts, please send it to TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com.
Related Posts: A Few Free E-Discovery Resources for Newbies; Free E-Discovery 101 Podcast for Paralegals Available at Fios