The Blog Formerly Known As Practical Paralegalism
The latest episode of The Paralegal Voice, “Working with the Expert Witness”, co-hosted by Vicki Voisin and me, is now available at LegalTalkNetwork. This episode, featuring attorney Brad Beehler, a managing partner at Morley Law Firm and a Board Certified Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and the Minnesota State Bar Association, and paralegal Candy Reilly, ACP, a paralegal with over 25 years of experience in civil litigation, as the expert guests, discusses working with expert witnesses and includes helpful advice regarding this key aspect of trial work.
In this episode:
- The paralegal’s role in working with experts
- Ways to locate expert witnesses
- Checking for conflicts of interest
- The Daubert standard and how to avoid Daubert challenges
- Practice tips for working with experts
In addition, here are several Internet resources about expert witnesses that you may find useful:
- “The ‘Lectric Law Library’s Expert Witness & Consultants Reading Room”
- “A Paralegal’s Guide to Experts, Understanding Daubert and tips for finding qualified witnesses”, Legal Assistant Today
- “Tips Paralegals Can Use to Select Expert Witnesses”, SEAK
- “Working with an Expert Witness, the Seven Deadly Sins”, Law.com
- “More Tips for Working with Expert Witnesses”, The Trial Practice Tips Weblog (see also “experts” category for this blog)
- Expert Witness Blog
- “As Easy as 1-2-3: Working with Financial Expert Witnesses”, Sequence, Inc.
- http://www.abanet.org/litigation/committees/expertwitnesses/ (for ABA members only)
The Paralegal Voice also thanks its sponsors: Teris, Clio, West LiveNote, George Washington University Online Master’s in Paralegal Studies Program and Skyway Communications.If you like The Paralegal Voice, we’d appreciate it very much if you will share the link (http://legaltalknetwork.com/about/our-programs/the-paralegal-voice/) with your friends and colleagues. If you have a request for a future show topic or a question for the hosts, please send it to TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com.