The Blog Formerly Known As Practical Paralegalism
If you’re still emailing large files by tediously separating them into smaller-sized files labeled, “Part 1,” “Part 2,” “Part 3,” etc., there’s a better and faster way to securely send them, using online file transfer and sharing services. Some offer free trial periods and/or storage, and most offer very economical monthly subscription plans.
There are plenty of reputable file transfer and sharing services to choose from, but here are five that are commonly used and frequently recommended by technology and legal professionals:
- YouSendIt, https://www.yousendit.com ($9.99 per month or $49.99 per year)
- SendThisFile, http://www.sendthisfile.com/ (free 15-day trial, $9.95 per month Pro plan)
- Box, http://www.box.com/ (free trial, 50 GB free file sharing, $15 per month business users)
- Dropbox, https://www.dropbox.com/ (free basic 2 GB, $9.99 for Pro 50 GB plan)
- SugarSync, https://www.sugarsync.com/ (free 30-day trial, 5 GB plan free, $9.99 60 GB plan)
Surely you’ve got better things to do than repeatedly break large files into lots of little files in order to email them?