The latest edition of The Paralegal Voice, “What Attorneys Wish Their Paralegals Knew – and Vice-Versa” co-hosted by Vicki Voisin and me, is now available at Legal Talk Network.
In this episode, we welcome Kim Walker, a senior litigation paralegal for Berger & Montague, P.C. in Philadelphia, and blogger at Paralegal Pie, to talk about her recent Law.com article, “What Do Attorneys Wish Their Paralegals Knew?”.
We discuss how paralegals can improve their legal technology skills, maintain the highest level of professionalism in the office, and communicate more effectively with their supervising attorneys. We also talk about what we wish attorneys knew, emphasizing how attorneys can better utilize paralegals in the practice of law.
Also in this episode:
- Kim talks about how she started blogging and writing for Law.com
- Kim gives tips for becoming an expert in legal software, as well as the importance of continuing education
- Vicki talks about the importance of career-dressing, office etiquette and how paralegals can market their firms.
- Lynne talks about how to handle mistakes and how to look like a mind-reader
- Vicki and Lynne share practice and social media tips.
Page URL: http://legaltalknetwork.com/
podcasts/paralegal-voice/2010/ 12/what-attorneys-wish-their- paralegals-knew-and-vice- versa/
Internet resources referenced in the podcast:
- Paralegal Pie, http://www.paralegalpie.com/
- The Philadelphia Association of Paralegals, http://www.philaparalegals.
- Law.com, http://www.law.com/jsp/law/
- The Legal Intelligencer, http://www.law.com/jsp/pa/
- “What Paralegals (And Attorneys) Wish Attorneys Knew” (Haley Lobs Law Bomb), http://haleyodom.com/2010/11/
The Paralegal Voice also thanks its sponsors: Westlaw Deposition Services and NALA…The Association of Paralegals and Legal Assistants.
Please share the links to this episode of The Paralegal Voice with your friends and colleagues. If you have a request for a future show, or a question for us, you are welcome to contact us at TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com.
Also, you can make sure you never miss a podcast by subscribing to any Legal Talk Network show, including The Paralegal Voice, by using the RSS Feed links or iTunes links at http://legaltalknetwork.com/