Looking for new opportunities in the paralegal world? In February’s episode of The Paralegal Voice, we welcome Karen G. McGee, ACP, President of NALA, and Christine E. Porter, ACP, Chair of NALA’s Continuing Education Council, to talk about opportunities through NALA and how you can revitalize your career with continuing education.
Karen and Chris discuss Advanced Paralegal Certification and all of the options available in specific practice areas, as well as NALA’s new “blended learning” approach and how to use these tools for career growth.
- Results of NALA’s 2010 National Utilization and Compensation Survey
- Most popular tool paralegals use for professional growth
- Learning and authorship opportunities
- Benefits of attending and/or speaking at seminars and web-based programs
- The importance of acting and participating as a professional to be recognized as a professional
- National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) website, http://www.nala.org/
- NALA’s 36th Annual Convention & Exhibition, http://nala.org/convention.aspx
- Facts & Findings, NALA’s bi-monthly journal for paralegals, http://www.nala.org/Facts_current_issue.aspx
- NALA’s 2010 National Utilization & Compensation Survey, http://www.nala.org/survey.aspx
- Learning opportunities provided by NALA, including NALA Campus Live!, http://nala.org/cle-guide.aspx
- NALA’s Certified Paralegal & Advanced Certified Paralegal programs, http://nala.org/examdesc.aspx
Please share the links to this episode of The Paralegal Voice with your friends and colleagues. If you have a request for a future show, or a question for us, you are welcome to contact us at TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com.
Also, you can make sure that you never miss a podcast by subscribing to any Legal Talk Network show, including The Paralegal Voice, with RSS feed links or iTunes links at http://legaltalknetwork/rss-feeds/.