In this episode, we spotlight four successful paralegals from across the country who love their jobs: Brian Haberly, Corporate and Securities Paralegal with Clearwire Corporation; Patricia F. Clapper ACP, NCCP, a paralegal from the firm, Levine & Stewart; Ruth Conley, a litigation paralegal at Andrews Kurth LLP; and Carl H. Morrison, II, AACP, a paralegal at Rhodes, Hieronymus, Jones, Tucker & Gable, PLLC. They share their diverse backgrounds, discuss career highlights, and offer ways to stay relevant and enjoy long careers in the paralegal profession.
- Tips for balancing a job, professional association leadership, and family life.
- Using social media to enhance your career
- How to keep your career fresh and challenging
- How to keep up with practice and technology skills
- Vicki and Lynne share practice and social media tips.
Internet resources referenced in the podcast:
- Washington State Paralegal Association, http://wspaonline.org/
- WSPA’s Twitter account, @wspaonline
- LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/
- Brian Haberly’s LinkedIn profile, http://www.linkedin.com/in/bri
- Brian Haberly’s Twitter account, @brianhaberly
- North Carolina Paralegal Association, http://www.ncparalegal.org/
- Patti’s Paralegal Page, http://lglduck.blogspot.com/
- Patti Clapper’s Linkedin profile, http://www.linkedin.com/in/pat
- Patti Clapper’s Twitter account, @lglduck
- Ruth Conley’s LinkedIn profile, http://www.linkedin.com/in/rut
- Carl Morrison’s LinkedIn profile, http://www.linkedin.com/in/car
- Carl Morrison’s Twitter account, @cmorri3371
- NALS, http://www.nals.org/
- NALA, http://www.nala.org/
- American Alliance of Paralegals, Inc., http://www.aapipara.org/
Please share the links to this episode of The Paralegal Voice with your friends and colleagues. If you have a request for a future show, or a question for us, you are welcome to contact us at TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com.
Also, you can make sure you never miss a podcast by subscribing to any Legal Talk Network show, including The Paralegal Voice, by using the RSS Feed links or iTunes links at http://legaltalknetwork.com/rs