Volunteering can be an uplifting experience for all involved. On this edition of The Paralegal Voice, my co-host Vicki Voisin and I spotlight two paralegals who are “giving back” to the community and volunteering their time to help others in need: Cindy J. Geib, ACP, PaCP, a Certified Coordinator for Wills for Heroes, and Lee A. Paige, CLA, Senior Paralegal at Parker, Milliken, Clark, O’Hara & Samuelian, and a dedicated volunteer at the Los Angeles Food Bank. They discuss their individual experiences, time management tips, and the impact volunteering has had on their lives.
Also in this episode:
- How Cindy and Lee became paralegals and what they like most about their jobs.
- Tips for paralegals interested in Cindy and Lee’s specialty areas.
- What drew Cindy and Lee to their volunteer work.
- Tips for balancing work, family and volunteer activities.
- How to find the right organization for your particular talents.
- Practice and social media tips from Vicki and me.
Internet resources referenced in the podcast:
- Wills for Heroes, http://www.willsforheroes.org/
- LAPA – Lancaster Area Paralegal Association, http://www.lapaparalegals.com/
- LAPA – Los Angeles Paralegal Association, http://www.lapa.org/
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank, http://www.lafoodbank.org/
- 151 Tips for Your Career Success (The Paralegal Mentor), www.paralegalmentor.com
- “How to Remove Your Spokeo.com Listing” (Practical Paralegalism), http://www.practicalparalegalism.com/2011/04/how-to-remove-your-spokeocom-listing.html
The Paralegal Voice also thanks its sponsors: NALA…The Association of Paralegals and Legal Assistants and SunTrust.
If you enjoy The Paralegal Voice, we would appreciate it if you will help our audience grow by sharing the podcast links with your friends and colleagues. If you have a request for a future show, or a question for us, you are welcome to contact us at TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com.
Also, you can ensure you never miss a podcast by subscribing to any Legal Talk Network show, including The Paralegal Voice, by using the RSS feed links or the iTunes links at http://legaltalknetwork.com/rss-feeds/.