The following phrases actually came from “Some Useful Condescending Phrases” intended for Evil Overlords, but who hasn’t had the following thought bubbles over their heads during unending, unproductive, doughnut-free meetings:
- Really, thanks. We’re all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
- Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
- I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.
- It’s a thankless job, but I’ve got a lot of Karma to burn off.
- No, my powers can only be used for good.
- How about never? Is never good for you?
- I don’t work here. I’m a consultant.
- It might look like I’m doing nothing, but at the cellular level I’m really quite busy.
- Someday, we’ll look back on this, laugh nervously, and change the subject.
Remember, people, thought bubbles only.
* * *
Also, remember Practical Paralegalism is on vacay this week, and couldn’t find any
suckers guest bloggers.