You know one of my favorite weekly features is the legal staffer profile. Even though it says Paralegal Profile Questionnaire at the top of the blog, it really means all working legal staffers, regardless of job title, are welcome.
I’ve had several paralegal educators and many paralegal students contact me to tell me they enjoy Practical Paralegalism. Of course, my favorite instructors are those that make my blog required reading – and The Paralegal Voice podcast at Legal Talk Network required listening – for their students. You rock, dudes!
But I’ve also had a few paralegal students ask me if they can submit a profile. Some of them are working and going to school at the same time. The answer is, of course! All you need to do is take the current questionnaire (see the top of the blog) and modify it for your student status (hint, this is a good homework assignment, instructors). For example:
- Change current employer to current paralegal program.
- Add your anticipated graduation date.
- Change specialty areas to desired specialty areas.
- Change career highlight to academic highlight (such as your favorite class or assignment, an internship, or student experience.)
- If a question doesn’t apply to you, don’t worry about it, just leave it blank.
You get the picture. You should also get extra credit if you do submit a profile. You can tell your paralegal instructor that Practical Paralegalism said so.